Thursday, July 14, 2005

I really didn't expect this to happen...

...this soon. I thought it would be when he was older - maybe 12 or something. I wasn't ready for it. No parenting book prepares your for this moment.

Frodo likes my my music. In particular, he really likes my Green Day CD. Since when do kids and parents share the same musical tastes?

Growing up, my mom listened to dorky music such as John Denver. On 8-track. (Oh, that new 8-track player was soooo cool! Look! You can just push a button to get *near* another song! How neat is that!) And being the oldest child, I had no siblings to hear music from, so I never realized my mom's music was dorky until I was about, oh.... 13.

I'm not one who's really into music a lot. Hubby is the one that has our hard drive FULL of music, and a 200 disc capacity CD "jukebox" for the stereo. I've probably purchased about 20 cds in my entire life, and about half of those are christmas music cds. My current collection in the *BRAND NEW CAR!* is "Home" by the Dixie Chicks, the Madagascar movie soundtrack, "American Idiot" by Green Day, and a 1930s blues cd by Bill Gaither, that I heard one day while in Half Price Books and decided I loved it. That's how my music tastes are - very eclectic. I'll listen to pretty much anything except opera.

I just never expected Frodo to want to borrow my cds. At least he's not asking to borrow my clothes....

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

Samantha loves listening to my music. She especially likes Aerosmith and Queen. It's so cute listening to a 4 year old singing Fat Bottom Girls.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home