Monday, July 11, 2005

I should send my hubby...

...away more often! I'm sorta enjoying myself! Shhh! Don't tell him though!

He left yesterday for an all week class about crash investigation. (In case you're wondering, it's not just some super weird hobby - hubby is a cop so this is for work. Which means he's having fun AND getting paid!) Last night I had a great night of sleep in my own bed. This morning, Frodo and I got up, went to his ballgame, stopped at the home improvement store for some driveway sealer, then came home for lunch. After lunch, I sealed the driveway. By myself thankyouverymuch. I'd much rather apply driveway sealer in 90 degree heat and high humidity than clean my house though.

Then our pal Jen came over and we hung out for awhile, played catch with Frodo in the yard, then went to the golden arches for supper. And Frodo has been bugging me to learn how to play drums for awhile, and after a sworn statement from him that this WOULDN'T go the same route as wanting to play the guitar, we headed to the music store for a set of sticks and a practice pad. (I'm not so stupid as to buy him a whole drum set already!)

As soon as we pulled in front of the house (I can't drive on the driveway yet) Frodo asked if he could go down the street to his other family's house* so his extra dad** could teach him how to play drums. He ran down the sidewalk hugging his sticks and practice pad. Our pal Jen had a quick smoke while Frodo couldn't see her then we walked down the street and spied on Frodo and his extra dad during the first drum lesson. Frodo seems hooked. :) And extra dad seems extra proud too.

Tomorrow our pal Jen, Frodo and I are going to a waterpark for some summertime fun. I promise to wear my sunscreen. I don't have this much fun when hubby is around! Hee hee.


*other family's house = my best friend for 15 years(Medicine Man), his wife(Nurse in Space), and their daughter(Princess) live down the street. Our kids are interchangeable in either family, lol. We all have refrigerator rights in each other's houses.

**extra dad = the guy who's been my best friend for 15 years, but isn't my husband (Medicine Man). I could never have married or even dated him. He's more like a brother to me. Since the kids are interchangeable in either family, so are the parents. We're just an extra set of parents for their daughter, and they are an extra set of parents for Frodo. It takes a village! ;) Our village just sounds sorta twisted, lol.

3 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

Sounds like fun.

***Please tell me that the spouses aren't interchangable.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Mel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Mel said...

As much as the guys might dream, the spouses are NOT interchangeable, lol.

And I only have a very minimal sunburn tonight! Not bad for being outside for 8 hours! Woo Hoo!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home