Saturday, August 06, 2005

26 days....

...until school starts. Which means only 27 days until hubby's sleep study. I've just gotta plow thru August. September is going to be much better. I can just feel it.

I feel so unmotivated today. But I don't feel bitchy anymore. (Hooray!) I've got all sorts of ideas in my head but I feel too lazy to get up and do any of them. Maybe another cup of coffee will do the trick. (Yeah, right.) But then, I've gotta get up and make that cup of coffee too....

Have any of you ever scrapbooked? I've never been into that craze, but we now have three poster boards covered with photos that were part of mom-in-law's memorial service. Dad-in-law is selling his house and as he moves out, we're getting *stuff*. First, it was two boxes full of photo albums. Then, all sorts of boxes full of assorted stuff. Next came a riding lawn mower. (What??) Now we have the poster boards of photos. I asked hubby what he wanted to do with the photos. "Some sort of album" he replies. So I'm thinking we should scrapbook them. (See? I can go out on a tangent and then come back!) There's a scrapbook store in town. I suppose I'll stop there and ask where to start. But if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM , Blogger Mel said...

I'd love to hear them! Like I said, I don't even know where to start.... I have 82 photographs that range from 1937 to 1997 in age, and from 2x3 to 8x10 in size. They're currently attached to the poster board with a temporary spray adhesive that has lasted surprisingly well since being attached in 1998. ;)
Ideally, I'd like to put all the photos into one book. I think I'd go chronological in order. Should I make all the pages similar in background? Or maybe if the theme is wedding, use a wedding background, if a vacation, a vacation background. I don't know.

I went to the scrapbook store yesterday. I'd happily pay $20 for a really nice album to put the stuff in. Except this store only had funky colors and fabrics. I'd rather go with something simple/plain. Either I ask them to order for me, or I make a trip to the humongous scrapbook store that's on the other side of the big city.

Ya know, I think this might be a nice *winter* project, lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home