Sunday, August 07, 2005

Aaah... Much better.

Nothing like Aunt Flo packing her bags to leave to help a gal feel better. That, and Frodo and I split a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream tonight. ;) Ice cream is always good. (Hence the reason I am not a slender gal!)

Frodo and I went out to buy cat food at the pet store last night, and after the pet store, he asked to go to Toys*R*Us. In a moment of sheer insanity, I said yes.

We wandered the clearance stuff a bit because I love trying to find good deals. (None to be found last night though.) He looked at the video games then, he asked to see the Legos. (This has never happened before.) We found some mini Star Wars sets on clearance for under $5 each, so we bought three that looked neat. He put ALL THREE together last night. So tonight after meeting my sis-in-law and her hubby and kidlet for supper, he asked to go to the other Toys*R*Us. (Yes, the big city has two of them.) Who am I to decline a boy some Legos? It's waaaaay better than watching tv or video games. There are a few things I rarely say *no* to when I shop with Frodo - books, puzzles, decent board games, and now I will add reasonably priced Legos to the list. So we picked up two more of the mini sets and one bigger one. He's about 1/3 of the way through the bigger one already and decided to take a break. That's when we ate the ice cream. If that were my Lego set, I'd have to finish the darn thing because I hate to leave a project unfinished. (Yet another peek into Mel's psyche.)

Now he's talking about wanting to paint his bedroom black with white stars so that when he plays with his Star Wars models he will have a cool background for it. Now *THAT* I'm pretty sure I will be able to decline. I figure (hope) I can talk him into a poster or some fabric on one wall so I won't have any permanently black walls in the house. Not that black walls are bad. It's just that the day he decides he doesn't want black walls anymore, I don't want to do the nineteen coats of primer to cover it back up. Because it would be either that, or we'd be ripping the walls out of his room and putting up new drywall. And either one would be waaaay too much work!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM , Blogger Mel said...

That is an AWESOME idea!!!!

I think I'll be heading to the home improvement store tomorrow! Gotta find me this magnetic stuff!

THANKS!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home