Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Aaah....

So THIS is what it feels like to have a non-stolen election? I like it.

Election ads are DONE. Hooray!

The House of Representatives is in Democratic hands! Hooray!

Everyone I voted for yesterday won. Hooray! But two statewide referenda went a direction I DIDN'T want them to go. :( I'm disappointed with my fellow state residents. I'm shocked at how hateful and spiteful and narrow-minded they showed themselves to be. At least the folks in Arizona got it right. A big round of applause to Arizonans!!!

My ballot was sooooo full of races and referenda, it had two sides. Yes, I still vote on a paper ballot. I like that too. It's an optical scanner system. I hope we never go to the touchscreen stuff. I'm too apprehensive about how insecure they are.

Sporadic problems happened during voting yesterday. You can read a collection of them here. The more you know about the tactics some people use to intimidate voters, the more you will know they can't use them on you!

I think yesterday was a good practice for the 2008 presidential election. I believe voters are becoming more educated about their local laws regarding voting. It's definitely a good start.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I love me some paper ballots with an optical scanner too. Can we sway you to be an election judge too???

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

Iki and I have decided to move to Canada based upon the fact that we didn't know previously that we are living in a state full of blood-thirsty homophobes. :( You may join us if you'd like.
*sigh*

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

Oh, and Iki is found at Iki if you're interested... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home