Thursday, January 04, 2007

Today is a good day.

A VERY good day.

Nothing particular happened here at the Cuckoo Nest home. It all happened in Washington DC.

For starters, our nation has it's first female Speaker of the House. I've always said it, and I'll continue to say it: The more women we have in leadership positions, the better off our country will be. (And the UN backs me up on this.) Madame Speaker gave a great speech today. One of my favorite lines: "Hope: That is what America is about. And it is in that spirit that I serve in the Congress of the United States."

I sure hope that the other senators and representatives serve in that same spirit.

And hallelujah! The republicans are finally out of power in Congress! I couldn't be happier. Now to make sure the Democrats follow through on their "first 100 hours" promises. Many Americans will be watching.

And hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home