Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I have a couple rants this morning

Remember my post just a couple weeks ago about the spectacular 80ยบ weather? Well, Cursing Mama was right (as I knew she would be). We're getting snowed on again. Check out this forecast:

TONIGHT:Cloudy and breezy with rain this evening, changing to snow; overnight accumulations of 1"-3".

WEDNESDAY:Cloudy, breezy and cold with snow; additional accumulations of 3"-4". Storm totals: 4"-7".

I think I'm gonna barf. I usually say one good thing about snow at this time of year is that it melts fast. I don't know how fast 7 inches can melt though!

***************************************

Next up to bat is a computer rant. Not internet, not email, just the computer itself. It's only a couple years old. I suppose that would mean it's in the jurassic period on the geologic timescale of technology. But it's got so many little glitches in it anymore. And I fully blame hubby. He's forever downloading new anti-virus software and firewalls and other "protective" goodies. But every time he downloads a new one, we have MORE problems. For example, right now, I can't open my email account unless I go in a backdoor way. And every time I do a search on a search engine, I get automatically redirected to bogus sites that have NOTHING to do with what I searched on.

I think we're at that point in our relationship when we're going to have to go separate ways. Separate computers that is. How dorky would it be to have two desktop computers in the house? I think I'll start saving towards a laptop for myself. Then he can download any darn thing he wants on his computer and it won't affect me. I'll just have to figure out exactly how to hook a laptop up to our cable internet.

And then I'll have to make sure he doesn't touch the laptop to try and "help" me with anything.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Sharing a computer is like sharing a toothbrush: once in a while in an emergency is okay, but an awful idea as a regular practice.
*hoping snow stays rain*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home