Friday, April 06, 2007

Smell like what??

Once a week, I volunteer at the library at Frodo's school. I have so much fun there. (Honest! I do!) When I'm there, a whole bunch of kindergarteners come in and they are such a riot. Some of the kids just grab the first book that they touch and come to the desk to check it out. I find myself asking a 5 year old, "Did you really want to read a book about the state of Massachusetts?" Usually the answer is, "Oh. I saw the picture of a boat on the front and thought it was about boats."

Then there's the kid that wants books ONLY about trains. The library has maybe 12 books on trains. He's had every one of those books checked out twice. Now he asks us for more train books, but he's seen them all. We've tried telling him that's all we have, he needs to find books about other things if he doesn't want those train books again. "How about planes?" I ask.

No.

"Cars?"

No.

"Rockets?"

No.

"Massachusetts?"

Recently, one boy was standing next to me and he leans over and says, "You smell like my mom."

I *think* that was a compliment.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I wish I could work at the library (mmm books) but le` job is too much of a pain to try and pull that off.

Sounds like fun....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home