Friday, April 13, 2007

Officially...

...we got 5 inches of snow. But over half of that melted yesterday. That makes me happy. It looks so strange to see such green grass peeking out from under the snow. I'll probably have to mow this weekend. LOL.

I've been researching laptops and how to get them hooked up to my internet. The night it was snowing, I was browsing the home website for my ISP to see if they had info about it. I found a page about wireless internet services. I wasn't seeing the exact info I was looking for, as in it didn't tell me any prices, but it did display a phone number. So I called.

I got a pleasant guy on the phone named "Tim". I told "Tim" I wanted to find out if I could get set up with wireless internet and how much would it cost me. He asked for my zip code. Then he thought out loud, and mentioned how he was getting sooooo many calls from my area that night and wondered why that was. I informed him we were all snowed in, so we were bored. I wonder if he realized I was serious.

Anyhow, "Tim" was very helpful. For an extra $7 a month and a one time installation fee of $100, we can have our home wired for wireless. Seeing as all the other websites I perused such as NotTheBestBuy or CircuitousCity were telling me it would be $130 or more for an install AND I had to buy my wireless router, I'm thinking my ISP sounds like a great deal. On to finding the right laptop for me! I'm searching for one that doesn't come with Windows Vista. It's too new and has too many problems yet, so I want to stick with XP for now.

Look at what kind of trouble I get myself into when I get snowed in....

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

All of our snow has meleted except for the snowman buts at the school. But, it typically takes a while for those to dissapear anyway.

Wireless internet is the BOMB!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home