Monday, October 03, 2005

It's *STILL* Monday?!?!?!

This has been one looooooooooooong day.... I have a lot of venting to do.

First, I got up this am and after we ate breakfast, I walked Frodo to school. I was feeling ok after that, so I went to the post office to mail one letter and then stopped at the grocery store for a loaf of bread. Partway thru the grocery store, I had to stop and sit a bit because I was dizzy. (Grrr.)

Then when I got home, I called my surgeon's office about my continued vertigo. They said since I had no signs or symptoms of infections, to up my fluid intake and continue to rest, that it was probably just lingering effects from anesthesia and/or medication from surgery. I'm feeling pretty darn good except for the *spins* I get when I'm up and moving. I suppose this is my body's way of making sure I don't jump up and do too much too quick.... (Because it probably knows that I would.) I'm starting to get grouchy about it though.

So I took a nap! :) But while I was napping, the phone rang about 5 times. (Where's hubby?!?!? I'm resting here!!! LOL!) I have to learn to turn the ringer off. Either that or hubby's dentist's office needs to leave ONE message and be done! (They needed to cancel his appt for this afternoon because the hygenist was out ill.)

After a bowl of cereal, I picked Frodo up from school. It was hot and humid today. Icky. When I got home, I HAD to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher because for whatever reason, hubby can't ~see~ dirty dishes on the counter.... Icky again. (Either that or I'm just too sensitive about piles of dirty dishes on the counter.... LOL.) Once I got the dishwasher running, I laid down to rest again because I was dizzy AGAIN. (Argh!!!)

We got a call from one of our bestest friends. She was having asthma trouble and wanted some advice. I told her to get her ass to the Urgent Care ASAP! Duh! Silly girl. (She went. She now has good steroids that will hopefully kick in fast. She hadn't had an asthma flare like that since she was 12, so she felt lost. I understood.)

We needed supper. So we went to Subway. We got home and hubby goes to use the bathroom and the toilet overflows because whoever was in there last put a lot of TP in it. (Frodo had a couple friends over after school for a little bit.) He walks out of the bathroom, cursing, and into the bedroom to get dressed for work. I thought he was leaving the bathroom for me to clean up!!! (Waah!) He wasn't though. (But I bet if I wasn't just a week post surgery, he would've!!) He was just walking away from it then was going to go back in a couple minutes to clean it up he said. He did that, and then I sprayed it down with cleaner and mopped a little to disinfect.

After hubby went to work I called my RN friend (Nurse in Space) to ask her if she has any thoughts about my dizziness. She giggles and tells me my body's center of gravity is all out of whack and probably needs more time to get used to having less weight out front, lol. I needed that laugh because I've been sorta weepy the past 24 hours out of frustration with the dizziness. The only other ideas she had was that maybe I was fighting a virus, or a sinus infection, or an allergy. Either that or maybe I have a pinched nerve in my neck and I could try my chiropractor. I'll see how it is tomorrow.

My sister called at 7pm. She had been trying to get a hold of our dad for about 24 hours with no contact from him which she says is odd for him. So she decided that she and her hubby needed to drive down to his place (he lives about an hour away) to see if he was dead or something. Well, turns out he was close. They found him laying naked in his closet and barely breathing. He'd been doing a LOT of drinking. He was conscious and recognized them though. (But unbothered by the fact that he was laying naked in the closet.... When my brother-in-law asked him why he was laying in the closet insted of on the bed, dad replied, "Because I felt like it.")

They found empty vodka bottles e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e: in the bedroom, in the kitchen, in the living room, in the bathroom, in his car.... My sister had called me asking me what to do since he has no money and no health insurance. I told her that her choices were either a) call an ambulance or b) leave him there. (Really. Those are her two choices.) My brother-in-law told dad they were going to call an ambulance and dad said no. My bro-in-law told him to stand up and tell him *no* to his face and of course he couldn't, so they hung up with me and called the ambulance. (Dang, I love my bro-in-law some days!)

I just talked to my sister again about 15 minutes ago and they're in the hospital, going to get a CT of his brain and admit him to ICU overnight and decide from there. I have to tell you, I'm soooo pissed off at my dad for putting my sister in this position. Although at least she will feel like she did something instead of just finding him dead. She would've felt really guilty if she'd just found him dead.

Needless to say, I am ready for Monday to be DONE. I think I have a little cookie dough in the freezer calling my name first. ;) Then I'll go to bed.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM , Blogger Thomas said...

nice blog, check mine out sometime.

 
At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jiminy, you are having a day/week.

As for your dad, now I'm mad at him ;-) Have either of you ever been to Alanon? It saved my life.

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Mel said...

Priscilla,

I remember being taken to a few alateen meetings as a teenager when the family was still under the same roof. It sucked then. Since then, I have been to counseling, but I think I might be due for a bit more.... ;)

I'd really like to hear your story sometime about how alanon saved your life.

 
At 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to share that story with you. However I am not gonna share it on my blog because there are other people involved. If you want you can email me at mezzopris at hotmail dot com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home