Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Oooooooookaaaaayyyy.....

Update time:

Monday, dad's doctor talked to my sister about taking dad off the ventilator. He seemed to be at a *make it or break it* point where he could possibly handle breathing on his own now. But the doc wanted to know if we would want him put back on it if he couldn't breathe on his own. So he told her to talk with us other sisters and call him back. We all talked and decided that no, dad's wishes were "no heroic efforts", so we would respect those wishes and not have him put back on the ventilator.

So we were all down there last night thinking, *this is it*. Grandma was there (my dad's mother) as was my aunt and uncle (dad's sister). Wouldn't you know, he seems to be breathing ok (with a mask and oxygen) and is showing some possible signs of voluntary movement.

Honestly, my feelings are a bit mixed right now. I always say *everything happens for a reason*. I'll be interested to find out what this reason is.... I figure if he makes a full comeback, he's gonna be sooooooooooo pissed to find out he won't be allowed to drink anymore. Maybe a little cosmic payback?

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always say "everything happens".

I'm thinking about you as you go through all this mess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home