Monday, August 21, 2006

I need to answer a question....

Cursing Mama asked me in reply to my last post:

"Were there snakes chasing you?? Why would you run??"

Seeing as I take some handy medication, there are no snakes chasing me. That's a good thing. Better living through chemistry as a good friend of mine always says.

  • A few other moms I know casually have recently lost some weight. When I tell them how great they look and ask the obligatory "how'd you do it?", I was told running. So.... Thinking if they could lose weight by running, maybe I could too! (No luck there yet. My problem is the stuff that goes in my mouth I guess....)
  • I used to run many years ago. Every spring, I still get the itch to start running again as that was when track practice would start. A couple years ago, I thought I'd like to try and run a 5k. I tried to run a couple miles on two occasions and nearly died both times. I quit. And I made an appointment with a plastic surgeon to finally get the much needed breast reduction done. You'd be surprised how much 10 pounds of boobs can affect your breathing.
  • Now being closer to normal breast size, I once again stumbled upon an ad for the same 5k that got me thinking about running the year before. I decided to try again. MUCH easier this time. I'm still not good at it - I can't run an entire 5k without walking. (My almost last place finish time for Saturday's race was 39 minutes, 2 seconds.) But the more I do it, the easier it gets.
  • My blood pressure and pulse are down too. That could be due to a combination of things, but maybe it can keep me motivated to keep going with the running if I keep thinking it's the running. ;)

So there you have it. Why I run. At least if the snakes start chasing me, I'll be practiced in running away now.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 AM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

Well there you go. You and I have a lot more in common than I imagined. :)

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Jeeze - Keri was still up at 4:25 AM -

So - no snakes, only healthy intentions and a lot of will power; good for you! I'm not a runner - I can walk quickly, but running is not one of those things I do well. Although I did dream about running last night...how odd.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home